Saturday, March 1, 2014

Planning the Curtains...

New curtains for the den/sewing room/office! I haven't made new curtains in here since the 1990's, so it seemed time for an update to something lighter and more modern in look.  This is the fabric - Joann's last week. The thread I just got today in the mail, and I am going to thread up the serger for the job later today. I am pretty excited about this. I don't do much home dec, but I do like to have a nice valance or curtain up now and then. The serger should make short work of the job as well. There were a lot of fabrics to choose from, but this is the only one I liked enough to spend the money on - that's for sure. It is an HGTV fabric, as I said in the last post, and I didn't even know they had a line. that's how not-home-deccy I am these days. I love the colors, and of course I see now that the combo of yellow, gray and white is quite common now, and I probably bought this just as the trend is ebbing!  I am going to stop the blog now and get to work!

2 comments:

glorm said...

Yeah, think it's time for some new ones. These are nice and cheery and should brighten up the room. They will be fun to sew.

catspec said...

Thanks Glorm! Yes, I need to get to work! ;)