Saturday, April 11, 2015

Elna eXcellence 720...

Devoting a post to my new Elna. I am so pleased to have been able to purchase this machine. This is the same chassis as my Janome MC6300 had (the machine has been re-homed to a very nice lady who will use it well) but has several really nice enhanced features. The stitch package is very very nice. The deco stitches stitch out so nicely and I love the display. As you tweak a stitch the display shows the tweaks. My Viking has this as well, and it is really a good feature. One feature that is better than my Viking Platinum 770 is the selection process for stitches. The Elna has ten direct selection stitches - one push of a button and you have it. To get any other stitches in the entire package you just push the MODE button one time and then enter the numerical codes for each stitch you want. You can repeat or vary the stitches and save in memory or stitch right out. No need to go through several steps as you  have to on my Viking. So alphabets are easy-peasy. And yes, it came with lots of feet and one Accufeed foot which is handy in place of having to have a walking foot. The manual is large and readable. Most of this machine is already easy for me because of my Janomes, and of course the 6300 had the same body.  This Elna seems to have a more throaty powerful sound to the motor, but that could be my imagination. I was able to attach the LED strip for my Ecolux system right unto this machine and still use the second light it has in the harp! So I have got terrific lighting on this machine for sure! The Ecolux lighting is not on in these pictures.  I even added one Hello Kitty sticker once I sold the Janome 6300. I felt then I had really claimed my Elna. First project is to keep on with my 15 Minutes of play quilt blocks. Next will come the handbag and after that...who knows.  I already know it can handle all my sewing needs.

4 comments:

Alison said...

She is a beauty!

catspec said...

Oh thanks Alison, I thought a whole lot before being ready to purchase but I think this is my dream machine!

Mary said...

This is so sweet!

catspec said...

Thanks Mary! Aren't Elnas nice though! ;)