Friday, June 19, 2015

Placemats Finished...

Placemats again! Yes. I got them bound, and now the only project I have going is the 15 Minutes of Play blocks. I have to decide if I want solid fabric between the scrappy blocks or not. I guess time will tell.Meanwhile, another decision. Now that I have the pattern for the bag I thought I wanted to make, I really don't want to make a bag. Here's the reason - I have a plethora of bags. All the ones I love. Vera Bradley fabric with pockets inside. I can't imagine a handier bag than my Messenger for work or the others for whenever. I don't need another bag, and the time it would take me to make one would be better spent making something I either need or could need. Here though is the fabric. It's an Amy Butler fabric called Wood Fern out of her Nigella collection. Yes, a large print. But I wonder if a loose fitting wear-around-the-house maxi dress wouldn't be a fun item out of this? THAT is one thing I need because I really don't have any such garment. I am thinking this one over. I bought this fabric at least five years ago, so it's going to be a stash-buster to use it up!

2 comments:

glorm said...

If you don't need another purse/bag, then don't make one. I can picture that fabric as a long dress sooner than I can as a bag. A casual dress would give you more satisfaction at this point. :) Of course you can always make a bag and send it to me. :)

catspec said...

Good to know glorm! It's a pretty large print, and the fabric is sorta home deccy in weight, but I hear you! Not sending bag....HAHAHHAaa....