Monday, July 18, 2016

The Vermont Quilt Festival and Fabric from Shibori Dragon


Last month was the Vermont Quilt Festival. As usual I went with a friend, and we had a great time. I took no pictures. The winning quilts and more are on the Facebook page of the festival, and at the link above.  Moreover I bought only a small pair of embroidery scissors from Janome purchased at the booth of Bittersweet Sewing from New Hampshire. Very nice dealer and a great festival. It was warm those two days and we had to sit outside under a tent to eat lunch, which is a change from previous years, and one I think was not good, but other than that a fine festival.
I bought no fabric at the festival! I KNOW!  But, after coming home and waiting a few days, I ordered from Shibori Dragon in Tacoma, Washington.  I ordered on a Tuesday and got the package on Saturday following. Such wonderful service, and what beautiful fabrics. Now to finish my Blue Quilt so that I can use some of those lovely Asian fabrics! The crane panel is at the top of this blog. Here is the array of loveliness I need to use!


6 comments:

glorm said...

I like that fabric--very nice. At some shows we buy a lot; others, not so much. Glad you had a good time.

catspec said...

Thanks Glorm!! Plus I had to write a post someday to keep my blog alive so had to buy! HAHAHAaa.....

Mary said...

More posts from you :-) please. I love the fabric choices and can hardly wait to check out Shibori fabrics for myself.

catspec said...

Thank you Mary. I really do need to get quilting, and now I have yet another project in the brain....and all I need to do is DO things one at a time...busy time here, life events happening, and that is something to enjoy! :) :)

SewLibra said...

The crane fabric is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished quilt when you can finally get the time. Other than the heat, it sounds like you had a great time at the festival!

catspec said...

:) Thanks SewLibra.....indeed! If I can bring myself to use the crane fabric! Haha....