Thursday, December 14, 2017

Brother XR9500PRW Saga Continues and Sampler...

This machine stitches really nicely - few noises here and there, but overall, quieter than I first thought, and my sampler is coming along. I used two layers of a light cotton, with stabilizer ironed in. Perhaps a bit too stable but it is working well. It will be all trimmed, and then the edges serged and that sampler rolled up or folded.  Both sides are very nicely stitched. I have used two types of bobbin thread as well. First bobbin was poly sewing thread of normal weight, and the one in there now is a Class 15 Superior Threads So Fine #60, rather a fine thread in poly.  No problems at all - using the Metrosene on top.
Meanwhile, I added BONLUX lighting to the harp. such a small harp! I now know to angle the strip and it doesn't fall off as easily. ANother view of the machine sampling stitches!

4 comments:

deep1084 said...

Interesting about angling the Bonlux lights. I put them on my Singer 201 and they have been there with no issues. I put them on my new-to-me Singer Spartan and they would not stay on. I ended up getting some 3M tape (refills for their hangers) and all is good. I was disappointed that my inexpensive but awesome lights would not work but the 3M tape is magic.

glorm said...

That lighting strip is a good idea. Did you do a search for it, already know about it, or just happen upon it? (just curious)

catspec said...

Yes, all the 3M sticky thingies work well - I get the mounting squares and cut them smaller. :) I think it depends on the surface the lights adhere to - some better than others. So far the BONLUX have done a nice job on the XR9500PRW (Brother certainly names things interestingly - bit too long maybe....)

catspec said...

glorm! thanks! I knew about it. I bought ECOLUX a couple of times - they were the first out. But the last year or so - I have purchased a couple BONLUX. Cheaper, much cheaper, but of course not as finished and nicely done as the ECOLUX, but quite good enough!! :) All my machines have LEDs in the harps now.