Monday, May 26, 2008

Wardrobe sewing...in progress...

This is the plan. My first SWAP, yet it is not a pure SWAP because I won't be able to wear every top with every bottom. The jacket should go with everything though, as will a brown cord jacket I made a few years ago, and a top or two already finished. The skirts are going to be McCall's 4657, which I used in Making a Skirt Muslin taught by Shannon Gifford on PatternReview.com, and adjusted throughout the class. However, the skirt pattern is much changed. I do a sew, flip and sew elastic waist and make it more A-line than the fitted skirt in McCall's 4657. The tops are Ottobre Woman 2-2007, and the pants are Burda 2614, and the jacket (probably modified some) will be Kwik Sew 3531. This past long weekend, I finished a print skirt, the first one on the top row. The blouse last on the top row has been reviewed on PR, and the link to my reviews is over on the right. The pants on the middle bottom row are finished, and they are another color from the same pattern as the Burda mud green pants reviewed already and on the link on the right. I have cut out the blue pants bottom last, and they are the same Burda pants. I just bought gorgeous fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics! A lovely ecru for the ecru top, the ecru jacket fabric, and a lovely print of tan, ecru, and pale jade blue-green. The print is not allocated to a pattern yet. I am caught between wanting to make it a jacket and wanting to make it a skirt, and will probably do the skirt. As full a skirt as I can make it. As slow as I sew, I still hope this wardrobe comes to fruition this summer!

No comments: