Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Oriental Traditions Quilt Finished...Happy!

Over a period of the last two weeks I finally got the quilt finished! I am happy with the results. I love the fabric for the binding, which is the same fabric as the black in the blocks on the right of the quilt. I bought this fabric in a store in Bothell on my trip to Seattle last May, and had it in mind for this quilt at that time. It is black with a lovely speckling of gold.   I did the label with that fabric as well. I think designing the row of blocks was the fun part, and daring to use the whole cloth panel as well. I bought three panels in a row, edged them with blocks and did the free motion quilting. The backing is altogether different. It's a really cute white floral on red that I bought a lot of from Keepsake Quilting when I bought it to make the binding on my Mom's pinwheel quilt. I love it and my daughter loved it and wanted it for her quilt backing, so here it is! :)  I really love these Asian fabrics and want to just sew with them as I go along, but right now I am working on a scrappy quilt in the 15 Minutes of Play mode. Not as fun as I thought, but fun anyway, and rather a learning experience. I do like to take my time, and the next Asian quilt is beginning to take shape in my imagination as we speak. Meanwhile, I love to look at this one!

3 comments:

glorm said...

Love this quilt!

catspec said...

Thank you glorm! ;)

deep1084 said...

This is gorgeous! I share your love of Asian fabric.