Monday, March 9, 2009

SWAP lives on 2009...

Almost a year ago I wrote a post about the SWAP I planned for Summer 2008. Well, I decided to finish that for Summer 2009! Luckily I have finished several pieces, and luckily I have the fabric for the rest! I also decided to update a few of the patterns, and draft a few Lutterlohs in their place. The skirt or maybe two that I have left, I will make a sort of A-line, and one of the tops I have left will be a criss-cross. I actually made two of the turquoise tops, so I am ahead of that game! The jacket I haven't decided on yet, and I also want to make a vest. I have some lovely dark green cord with paisleys on it that would make a nice vest and since it was a large remnant at my local fabric store, there is just enough for a vest. It is pretty muted in tones, so not a screaming paisley at all! I photocopied four Lutterloh patterns over the weekend, and put them in individual pattern envelopes. After all that arranging I am ready to draft. The skirt out of the print rayon, but I have two pieces of print rayon, both lovely. Maybe I will do one from this pattern and then chose another, or just do both from it. I don't have plans or fabric for the PJ pants, but they look comfy and I just might give them a go with light weight flannel if i can find some! I have a length of light green Bemberg lining fabric I thought I would make a PJ top from of that pattern. And a nice piece of pink silk charmeuse I could use as well. [All Lutterloh Pattern photos copyright Modeverlag Lutterloh]

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good luck on finishing your swap! I always start them with good intentions, but never manage to finish!