Sunday, July 24, 2011

Multisnit pants and Burda pants done...after long last...

I finally finished the pants. WOW. It seems that for me there is a huge gap in time between cutting and sewing, and then between sewing and hemming! I have lots of projects and the way I tend to flit from one to another is part of the reason for the time gap. I have come to allow myself to be this way, though! Multisnit pants here from pattern number 8.3, with a nice range of large sizes - all too large for me except the smallest, and a nicely done pattern. I ordered this pattern from Fjolner in Denmark, and I really love the site I ordered from. There are so many lovely fabrics there, as well as interesting notions! However, even though they deduct the VAT from US orders, it is very expensive to buy and ship from there. But I will do it again I think. Here is the Burda pant and the pattern illustration as well. Finally got the two pair of pants hemmed and reviewed on PR. Bot the Burda 8264 and the Multisnit 8.3 are nicely drafted European patterns whose fit is a nicer fit than the usual Big 4 pattern companies. I used a green all cotton luxuriously made double knit for the Burda and a nice soft medium bottom weight cotton twill for the Multisnit. I like both pair and will probably tweak them a bit next time for a bit smaller through the legs.

5 comments:

glorm said...

Congrats on finishing the pants. They look nice. I've noticed in reading various posts of yours that you and I pretty much sew the same way (lots of breaks in between and other projects thrown in.) Where did we go wrong? LOL

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Two great-fitting pairs of pants! The double knit ones wear really nicely, and I love olive green!

catspec said...

glorm, we didn't go wrong! We just have busy lives and plenty to amuse ourselves with! ;) Thanks for the good words, Slapdash! ;)

HeathersSphere said...

Hey, Mufffet, you got some mighty long legs, emphasized nicely by some sleek pairs of pants! Thanks for the inspiration. I have some pants patterns that are in my stash. ~Louella

catspec said...

Well thanks Louella! :)) I usually think of them as short and - well - somewhat mature in size...hahhaha...:)