Friday, August 10, 2012

Tropical Ukulele Case...

Just finished another ukulele case. HAVE to love the tropical fabric! Again, this fabric was a gift, and it was so well suited to a ukulele case! I cut some double-sided cotton quilted fabric (another remnant from Joann's I had around) in brown for a lining, and I used a hearty 22" separating zipper for a jacket that I also had around for the zipper. I first of course closed off the zipper ends with some whip stitching so it wouldn't actually separate on the case..:) I used the same pattern and method of assembly as in this post about a year or so ago. I don't need a strap as I never seem to carry the ukulele anywhere but around the house! The pocket is a nice touch in a coordinating stripe - also a gift. :) You know who you are, so THANKS! :) I added a picture of Luna sticking out of the case so you could see she actually DOES live in there. :) And now of course there is a choice of gig bag. Unless I decided to get another ukulele to put in the other case, or in the new case. It would have to be a Concert size with a low-G tuning though. Something different. Something fun!

No comments: