Monday, June 30, 2014

Kenmore Blue Mini Ultra rides again...

Isn't that little Blue Mini Ultra cute? Well, I had been using it for a bobbin winder for a year or so now, and I decided to give it a good cleaning and oiling and so on. While doing that I did notice it sews better than I remembered! Maybe it's doing the proper oiling? Ya think?

I decided to buy it a snap on shank so I can use some of the other Janome feet I have, and so I ordered the one I knew to be correct from SewVacDirect. Very minimal price. And that gives the Mini Ultra the wherewithal to use snap on feet. I played with the 1/4" foot a bit, and also the buttonhole foot that snaps, on and the applique foot as well. It is really nice that you can swap shanks. I am pretty sure you can do this on the Janome Sew Mini as well, and that machine, although completely different than this blue one, can then use a few more feet. This Mini Ultra (Kenmore 385.11206) uses vertical feet as it is a vertical bobbin machine. It makes some nice stitches. This is a light machine for taking to a class or just sewing out on the deck or a like place in the Summer breezes. ;) I thought I might use it for some piecing.
Well I'm at it, here is the photo of the jammie pants I made on the Babylock Audrey which features in my last post! :)

2 comments:

becki-c said...

You can't go wrong cleaning and oiling a TNT machine. It really is adorable. I wonder if I could get away with it decorating my work office?

So great to have a newish machine to help sewing!

catspec said...

:) You should decorate with sewing machines for sure! ;) What a nice ambiance for an office space. HHhmmm...so far I don't have a machine at work....