Saturday, June 6, 2015

Sewing on Vacation...

Have been away on a visit to the Great Pacific Northwest.  While there I have been using the little Babylock Audrey again, and have made over a dozen scrappy blocks. A lot of fun...this quilt may take time! The 15 Minutes of Play isn't as easy as it sounds, but it is challenging and fun to do. It certainly is not fast. You hold your head on one side and try to visualize what you can get out of various slashes in the fabric you just put together, and then cut and put in strips and then see what else you can do. It is a good exercise for the brain. Although I have thought of sewing up a few tops, I have not done so, and intend to work on this quilt and plan a setting for the eventual blocks for it. Is RED too much as alternate blocks?  I could use a black print with a very subtle pattern, or red, or just make blocks until I have it all scrappy. there is a lot to think about! As usual I did make three pair of casual jammie pants for wear around the house for my two grands and their Mom. That was a fun sew - that Simplicity pattern is becoming second nature to me at this point. The fact that it has only the one seam in the leg is really what puts these on a fast track. I made them a bit roomy this time so that growth (which is fast at this age) can be accommodated for in these.

No comments: