Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Summer Quilt Free Motion...


First, the one part of the finished top for the Summer Quilt....the top is done, and pretty scrappy looking!  Maybe too free form, but it's going to be happy!


Been trying out samples of FMQ to get back in the swing.  Then I started the quilting on my Summer Quilt. HHHmmm...now I remember why I started loving walking foot quilting!!!  FM on my Summer Quilt looks kinda like at times I lost the feel.   The samplers are always very much easier than dragging a large quilt through the machine! BUT the machine part is perfect with the Pfaff. It's the person in the chair that has the issues! HAHAHA.  But this is a quilt for me. It will live on the couch and be a light cover for the warmer weather as well as the in-between weather.

No movement on that navy blue knit top! I really need to get that sewn. Since I cleaned and oiled the serger I am ready to go on that but the Spring cold, damp, gray weather has been relentless and has taken a toll on the spirits at times...


2 comments:

SewLibra said...

Did you do that FM on your home machine? Oh my gosh, that looks so professional! I don't quilt, but I've tried just a little FM (thread painting) and I know you must have a lot of control to do this and keep it even like that. Impressive!

catspec said...

Oh thank you SewLibra!!! That's very nice of you to say. I am no expert and usually stipple because I like playing with thread!! Yes, you could do lovely FM too - it is practice.....plus a sense of design I think as well, but really - practice and choosing what you want to do rather than what you might think you have to do. ;)