Monday, May 28, 2018

It's Always Autumn Raglan Top with Semi-Cowl Collar...

Coming along on the quilt. I have actually finished the quilting as of last week, and trimmed it and now for the binding!

Meanwhile I have finished a navy blue knit top That I cut out awhile back!  The navy knit is from Joann Fabrics and is quite nice. The pattern is from It's Always Autumn, and is the second one I have tried of hers. I love them. I meant to make this for last winter, but it will be for cooler days and Fall this year.  In addition I added a semi-cowl collar to this garment.  I like to do that.  I use the tutorial by Sarah Veblen from Threads Magazine for the attachment of the collar.   It went together well. Autumn's pattern are always easy to download and put together and they are FREE. They come on one size - Large, and it is pretty true to a misses large in a like top. LOVE that she gives this pattern and other away  she has some really cute children's clothing patterns as well.    She has an index list of her sewing tutorials here!

4 comments:

glorm said...

Great collar and great color on that top. Love it.

With just the binding to go that quilt will be finished in no time. Good for you. :)

catspec said...

Thanks Glorm!!!! Appreciate the kind words. :) I finished the quilt also that day and now I need good pictures!

SewLibra said...

Blue is made for you! How's that for poetry? Hahaha. Your top looks very nice on you and I love the semi-cowl because it's not overwhelming. And...I swoon every time I see that Pfaff of yours!

catspec said...

SewLibra - thanks!!!!! I do love navy blue too.....and my Pfaff! ;)