Saturday, September 14, 2019

Detour for Knit Funnel Neck Top Redraft...



So, back in April or so I made a self-drafted top in navy knit.  It really didn't fit in the shoulders or neckline, and the neckline, which was supposed to be a turtleneck (?!?) gaped horribly. So yesterday I whacked parts of the shoulders and neckline and resewed it, and today I marked the pattern up to match the garment. One of these days I will be in JAs and see a stretchy knit I like or a remnant of same, and make this up again because it is comfy and will be warmed in the Fall and Winter.

I had made this from a funnel neck LE's stretchy top I bought and love.  As you can see, my pattern drafts tend to be casually marked as far as the marker art. I do a lot of revisions and the main mark to get correctly on there is the grain line, and then of course the outline, and it is important to mark folds. All sorts of notes can be added!   I use a large roll of tracing paper from Blick's.  In the end the neck fits so much better and I added more height to the neck on the pattern for the next go.


2 comments:

glorm said...

Ah, that is an improvement. Blue is definitely your color. I just noticed: the long hair is gone.

catspec said...

:) THANKS glorm, the long hair is in the back in a pony tail at the nape of the neck. I know - it always looks like I had all my hair cut....sigh.....I do thank you for the nice comments!!