Thursday, January 9, 2020

Kelsey's New Dress...Simplicity 1136


Finished this dress for Kelsey in December 2019, but did not get around to a post about it. I used Simplicity 1136, but the gathers on the hem band are more like pleats - Simplicity has a video about gathering and a few more tips and I am trying to use those tips.  I added sleeves to this pattern and could have used a bit more fabric because the top is a bit snug in the back for closing - VELCRO closing in the back. The fabric is coordinating from a pile of fat quarters I bought on AMAZON.  I do like this style.

Meanwhile, the Asian quilt is coming along slowly - I have sewn up the blocks and now need to get the top sewn, backed, batted and quilted before too many months in 2020!! 

2 comments:

glorm said...

What a nice dress for Kelsey--and she seems to like it also. I kind of feel sorry for her two friends there. Hmmm.

catspec said...

Only one doll is without a new dress - she is wearing her summer outfit yet. Sigh....I must get her into something warmer. When I do I will picture them all with their dresses. :)