Monday, April 20, 2020

Asian Quilt Finished...


Warm sunny Spring day for pictures! Finished the Asian Quilt for my son. Embroidered a frame and used Micron Pens for the label. That was fun.  Binding is a pretty black fabric with some gold and red running through it.  The pictures do not do the fabrics justice - they are much prettier in person!


You can see the red in the binding here and part of the label. I think I will use my SE400 for quilt label frames from now on. The label is always a challenge- what kind? What fabric? What style? I think the hand written with Microns is my favorite so far.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

The quilt is beautiful. Love how the fabrics work together. I haven't tried the micron pens yet. I've been using some labels that were printed for me from Etsy but they don't have any pertinent info other than made by me. Looking to do something more personal.

catspec said...

Thank you! Well, my writing with the pens is not professional but for a family gift I wanted it to be my own. :). My mother used to write all the data about her quilts on hers. Her full name, the lady who did the hand quilting, the place and the year. Very wonderful to have one of her quilts.