Friday, February 12, 2021

Asian Lap Quilt 2021 Finished...

 

Specs on this: So Fine #40 variegated greens in top, OMNI in a tan on the bobbin, Used a run of lovely fabric I bought at one of the Vermont Quilt Festivals. The backing is a lovely flannel with a scatter small floral pattern. I found it on AMAZON from Fabric.com. The squares are from Keepsake Quilting. This went together rather fast - I usually take months to make a quilt. I did wavy lines up and down the quilt with my AcuFeed Open Toe Foot on my Elna 720.  Foot Pressure on 1 because of the thickness of this quilt. No problems, even with the double layer of W&N. It is such lovely batting. My one hint from now on though, is to cut a much wider binding on a quilt with double batting. I had some issues getting that binding cut at 2.5" over the edges!! I hope it will be very warm to cuddle under to watch TV!!



5 comments:

Catherine said...

What lovely fabrics. Great quilt.

catspec said...

Thank you Catherine!

glorm said...

Wow, that's an historical fashion show. Lovely!

glorm said...

I really like this. It's an historical clothing depiction.

catspec said...

:) Thanks glorm!!! Yes, and quite lovely ladies and the colors are lovely - I really liked this fabric!! But I had it a very long time so wanted to make something special.