Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Little Kitty Quilts

 
So - instead of a large quilt I decided to do six small cat quilts in my effort to use up scraps and remnants. Large quilts are not fun to quilt because my space is more confined than it once was in the sewing area.  So I did the cat quilties and now three were sent off to one place, one to another and two to a third location. My cat though, she wanted them all, and she popped on them right away when finished. But no. she already has several. :) I might have to make another one or two or a throw for the couch because I still have scraps and remnants left. Some were from garments, some from mask making, some from quilts and backing. I even pieced binding with whatever came to hand. 

Dare to just toss your scraps into something useful....not only useful but the scraps bring memories of the projects made with the fabrics, and that can be a nice way to pass some time without stress. 

4 comments:

glorm said...

I like the way kitty claimed them---don't blame her! She knows what's good.

catspec said...

Thanks glorm... Sorry for so late publishing! Again I am not getting the notifications... Gggrrr...?!?

SewLibra said...

Creative and colorful way to use up your scraps. Since many were sent out to other places who knows in years to come what kitties and how many will get to use these!

catspec said...

Oh quite a few kitties!! 💗 Thank you SewLibra!!