Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Tiny Dress for Tiny Doll...Memories...

My little 1950s Betsy McCalls was still in the same little underthing for years now. I finally made that little dress for her. It is from McCalls 2300, which was also a 1950s original pattern for her. I used to cut out all the Betsy McCalls paperdolls from the magazine back then as a small child.  She was so much like my friends and me in her clothing for school and play. :) This little doll belonged to a friend many years ago. I won't make any more of these tiny clothes because it was a most difficult task for the old fingers, but she does look pretty good now. And she has her own tiny doll stand. :)  The background is a panel Canada Rockies that I recently purchased.  Panels make great backdrops, and I need to get them out more often for doll pictures.  Her waist has a velvet ribbon around it and there is a bit of lace around the hem. The skirt is not as full as the pattern would have had me make, but I wanted to simply have her in a fifties simple little dress. :) Lined bodice without sleeves. I used Velcro peel and stick for Fabrics for a closure, as I know that product works well. :)

 

No comments: