Thursday, April 30, 2009

Now a Skirt...

Last night I began sewing this skirt, Supp.257, #14, 2005, copyright Modeverlag Lutterloh. This pattern has one piece which is cut twice for the two pieces - FRONT and BACK. So it is so simple. I am serging it so it really goes fast. I am of course making it an elasticized waist, and using the sew-flip-sew method of applying the elastic! My fabric is nothing like the pink in the photo. I am using a rayon print in turquoise and brown. This is one skirt in my Sewing with a Plan project which is becoming an historical document! It is the second item in on the top row of my plan. Originally I planned on using the simple skirt pattern in the KwikSew Easy Sewing book, but decided to use one of my Lutterlohs instead. So now the side seams are sewn and the waist and hem will be done tonight. I am going to attempt a lettuce edge on the serger if I think the fabric will give enough. That would be a first for me. I so enjoyed learning about Serger Basics on PatternReview, and last night I reviewed my lessons and my samples so I am sort of geared us, as it were, to try! Note that the class is now renamed and taught by Shannon Gifford. I am thinking of retaking it! This garment and the summer nightie I made are going to Seattle with me soon. Call them part of my very embryonic travel wardrobe.

3 comments:

Rhoto said...

What a CUTE, CLEVER, CATCHY name you have for your blog!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Toni said...

I really really like the style of that skirt! Wish you posted pics of your skirt all finished!

catspec said...

Toni, thanks for all your nice comments! The skirt is reviewed on Pattern Review, and the picture is to the right of that blog entry in the review list! Appreciate the nice words, and I do like the Lutterloh system, as well as Burda patterns!