Friday, December 1, 2017

Shirt Quilt Moves Along and New Baby Brother XR9500PRW...


The Shirt Quilt is coming along really well. I had help as you can see.
It's all ready to quilt now. Wool batting from Missouri Star, as well as red flannel patterned backing from Missouri Star.  Now to get at it. The thread I will use is Maxi-Lock variegated all colors. It should blend in rather well!

My Black Friday purchase. I couldn't NOT buy this. Loads of good reviews, under $200.00, and such a lot of fun to be had. One little alphabet font which will be handy. Now I can have the Elna set up for quilting, the Brother SE400 for embroidery and this is my sewing project machine! :) So far it sews very very nicely. Stitches as well as any machine I have ever used.  Yes, it is light, but the rubber stuff under it works. The table is a nice touch! Comes with 8 feet. The spring FM or darning foot is included with the table and 7 other feet including the regular ZZ foot.  The only surprise, and I would have seen this is all the videos I watched if I had paid attention, is that the S/S button doesn't light up! But that is so minor. :)  I like that it has a vertical spool pin! Not that flimsy horizontal one.

Accessories! A nice assortment. I have a generic 32 piece foot set that Brothers seem to fit most all of, so I am set for feet. SO glad to have the 1/4" foot in the generic set and I tried it and it works well on this machine.

It seems hard to find good pictures of the Brother stitches on the machine, so here is the main set, and the alphabet set.

Below is a nice view of the machine including the spool arrangement. So far I love it!

4 comments:

glorm said...

What a cute machine! Wow, lots of stuff for very little money. I don't believe you mentioned the model number.

Your helper has done a good job. Looks like he's the tester too.

catspec said...

Thank for that tip glorm! I added the model number! :)

Poorpiglings Place said...


The stitches are the same as the Brother I purchased last year.. but your alphabet is of a different font.. You are so right, it was too good a buy to pass up on Congrats on the find. I am so tickled you are enjoying your retirement.

Hope that lovely kitty doesn't get stuck by a safety pin..

catspec said...

Poorpigling!!! Thanks!! Yes, bargains.....sigh.....there are a lot out there and no time or money to buy 'em all!!!!! Really, a different font, eh? I must go see what your machine has.......