So I had this fabric from Amy Butler. A bit heavier than quilting cottons, and probably best suited to a bag. However, I have a bunch of Vera Bradley bags and I am really not in need of a bag at any size. I decided to make a loose fitting tent dress because it has been really hot. Especially back in the end of July when I finally finished the dress. I had all the pics resized and was going to do the blog entry when my Mac went down. Turned out to be a fried hard drive. I finally got it back with a new drive, but have not felt like blogging. BUT, this is the time! I want to get the dress up even though it makes me look upholstered! It is so comfy and the pattern is great. I did do some alterations on the pattern - I did the sleeve and the bodice alterations I usually do - made the sleeve larger and longer (should have made it a bit shorter) and used my bodice templates for the bodice alterations. also made both front and back higher. The pictures tell the story. I did the back like the front, so the front pic gives you the idea. In the end I have a comfy dress I really like, although I do look a bit upholstered in this dress.
Now to get back to the quilt blocks. I have several more scrappy blocks to sew up, slice and resew, then to cut them and cut the darker background fabric that will fill in the nine patch blocks for the scrappy quilt.
Hoping that the last weeks of Summer into Fall are lovely where ever you are!