Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Little Kitty Quilt and a Fun Guide Foot...

Just finished a little kitty quilt. Used up fabric from the Amy Butler shirt I had made a few years back, plus some binding I had left over made out of a fabric from my mother's stash I took home years back.  That fabric is the binding on at least two of my larger quilts. Love it.  The back of this quilty is a red flannel left over from the Shirt Quilt of 2017, and the thread is Masterpiece pink - so pale you can hardly see it. Quilted this in curves with the AcuFeed foot on my Elna 720.  Batting is left over wool from the Shirt Quilt.



Meanwhile, I ordered this foot from Ken's in Alabama.    It is a guide foot, and I anxiously awaited it. YES, it fits my Elna 720 and I think it will be fine on my Janome 8050 as well.  It does not matter if  your machine is high or low shank when a foot is a snap on!  Oddly, the foot included a different needle assembly screw than my Elna has, and the directions for the foot say to change this out to this new one. Well, I tried the foot and it works without doing that switch, so I called Ken's and talked to a tech. He says no need to change out the screw unless your machine has one that interferes with the foot itself in use - so be sure and TEST the thing out slowly to see if the needle bar screw hits the foot in use. Mine does not. 

2 comments:

glorm said...

Haha, use left-over and old fabrics; then reward yourself with a new foot. Works for me.

catspec said...

Well, Mama had a lot of that fabric and a matching fabric in very dark blue background as well - they were quilt backings and I think each was about 4-5 yards when I brought them home. I have been using them over the years. Cottons keep very very well. ;)