Friday, March 2, 2018

Quilt backing...Raglan Top and Doll Clothes...

Just a cheery picture of the backing for my Summer Quilt. I figure any mistakes on the back stitching will be well hidden by the busy touch here in this fabric! :)  Plus it is very Summery!  There is a Nor'Easter going on out there this minute, and I would rather think about Spring coming soon. 

Meanwhile I cut out the knit raglan top I have talked about for a long time. Breezy Raglan.  From It's Always Autumn. LOVE her patterns! 


And then I measured Connie, my doll, for new clothing. I want to compare the measurements of the doll to the pattern pieces to ensure enough room to get then on her. She is a vintage composite - soft body doll and not easy to dress.  In addition, I am readying kitchen towels for embroidery - it turns out I love redwork patterns and vintage looks like we did by hand on towels all those decades ago. Towels seem to be my fav - kitchen towels. :) My SE400 is turning out to be so much fun!  Brother makes it easy for anyone to afford a machine plus to start some embroidery as well. 

2 comments:

glorm said...

Oh, my, all of these fun projects! They should keep you busy until spring gets here.

catspec said...

Oh glorm! Thanks!! I hope so.....with all the time I waste, this should do me for awhile! hAHHAaa....