Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Quilt Finished...

Christmas Quilt 2018.  Finished the 23d of December! PHEW!! Finally and in season! Two former front door curtains with a piece of really nice quality thick fleece in the middle as batting - fleece from JAs remnant bin! :) Binding is a lovely fabric with poinsettias print. I have quite a bit as I bought it for a greeting card but couldn't resist a whole yard!  The quilt is 33"x44" and plenty large enough for a lap quilt! Happy with that. used it last night while watching Seahawks football - yes, they did win!  Here is the back!  I used Metrosene thread on top and So Fine#50 in the bobbin.  I used red Metrosene for the binding on one side and then changed bobbins for a very light cream bobbin of cotton from Superior Threads (Masterpiece prewound) for the other side so that there wouldn't be a red line on some parts of the front! ;) Worked out. 
As you can see the free motion is not perfect. :) I tend to lost where I am at times, but it is really fun, and I thought this quilt was good practice because it is a good size, while not being so large it was super bulky to handle.    Meanwhile I had some of this Peanuts fabric left and made a greeting card with it, but I forgot to take a picture of the card. At least the cheery fabric is here! 

3 comments:

glorm said...

Congratulations on finishing the quilt in the season. :) It's very nice....and love the back. Time to start on one for Valentine's Day?

catspec said...

Hi glorm!!!! Thanks! HAHAHHA...no Valentine's Quilt! Probably start another quilt in a few weeks....but trying to stay warm is taking up my time! HAHAHA....

SewLibra said...

I'm late to the party, but what a beautiful and festive Christmas quilt! The colors look just right on your sofa. Gosh, your free motion looks expertly done to me. The Peanuts gang would approve. Haha!