Thursday, November 29, 2018

Square Quilt 2018 Done and Asian print fabric...

Quilt finished!!  Red binding pulls it together and some of these fabrics are from my Mother's stash from the mid 1990s, so it has an heirloom quality for the family as well. Very traditional and this is going to be a working quilt - a warm wrap for cold days...using quilts is the best way to honor the maker, not only plain traditional quilts like this one, but even the fancy ones people give family. Nothing warms you like a quilt made with love.
This is sideways of course, but the quilt is 64"x80" and I didn't want it to hit the floor in the picture. The two fabrics that were my Mother's are the lightest which is actually a blue and white print, but it surely does not come out in pictures well. The other one is the reverse - a dark blue with very small white pattern - these fabrics are the reverse of one another and are tiny florals. The blue with road signs was a length of fabric for jammies I made the grandsons some years ago, and the other two blues were in my stash awhile. The red was the backing from a recent quilt. I find quilt backing so handy when making a scrappy quilt later on!! I usually have pretty good amounts left of backing fabric.  

Meanwhile I bought a lovely length of Asian print fabric to add to my overflowing stash of same. Bought from a fellow PR member.  It is just beautiful!  
Working on a small lap quilt now - the Christmas lap quilt. Kind of an experiment because it has fleece lining which I have not used before.  There are a few other projects on tap as well. 

2 comments:

glorm said...

Wow, what a great history to that lovely quilt. "Nothing warms you like a quilt made with love." Now you can make one with that sentiment. Red was the perfect color to use for the binding.

catspec said...

Thanks Glorm.....it's off that what looks like almost white in the pictures is in reality a white and navy blue teenie print.....in person there is a difference....hhhmmmm.....I appreciate you kind words!!!