Monday, November 12, 2018

Detour to a Christmas Lap Quilt...

And yes, I see that I must even out that pinning - the back gave me problems a bit. This is "whole cloth" and I will stipple it - not all that large but will be either a small lap quilt - literally for a lap cover on the couch, or a table cover - depending. For batting I am using a lovely piece of fleece I bought in the remnant bin at JoAnn's a few months back.  The fabrics are leftover cotton curtains from when we had a door with a nice large window. We don't anymore, and I saved all the seasonal curtains I had made and use them in quilts now - but I didn't want to cut up the piece on top....what a lovely print and already has a quilt sort of look to it. SO - this project will have a binding of another lovely Christmas print I have some of that I bought for whatever I thought about using it for! So far it has been one greeting card, so there is a lot left. It is a red with gold sprinkles and poinsettias on it.   And no, I didn't finish the quilt previously mentioned as yet. :)

2 comments:

glorm said...

What a great idea to save the seasonal curtain fabric. It's good to do a quick(er) project every so often.

catspec said...

THANKS glorm!!! Yes, a very quick and much smaller project! Especially since no piecing! Not a huge fan of piecing I have to admit, but I like the rhythm of free motion meandering! :)