Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Koko Beall Patterns and a Cat-In-The-Way....




Here are a few of the patterns I have acquired in the last several months...I just love Koko Beall designs.  The link here goes to a lovely blog post that says more about Koko than is possible to find in a search....there ought to be more.


Aren't they nice! I love the simplicity of Koko Beall designs - simple yet elegant. Of course the models are all eight feet tall and slender, while I am most certainly not, but the styles are timeless. I already have a couple of Koko Beall patterns in the hoard, and here are they ones I already had.



I would like to make at least one pair of the pants to see how the sizing is and the fit, and a couple of the tops are very alluring. I did want a pattern that had not only the sleeve version but a sleeveless version as well as jacket and pants, so I think all bases are covered now.  I do not buy unless I see a back view as well because it is the line drawings that tell us so much about the real pattern. But the illustrations of the eras in which these patterns were released, as well as the 70s illustrations, were really my favorite style.  I sewed quite a few Very Easy Vogue back in years past.  I am going to try to get a few more of her patterns - a size near mine is good enough because they can be made larger or a bit smaller if necessary with such simple lines. 


This is why it took me awhile to pin the little Christmas lap quilt and even then....it could be better on the one side and will be. Our cat thinks anything fleece is for her, and this was on the fleece batting.....hahahhaha.....I tried to keep her off but until she wanted to leave it was not possible. Cough.

3 comments:

glorm said...

If I come across any of her patterns not shown here, I'll pick them up for you.

catspec said...

WOW...thanks!!!! DOn't pay much though - I love a bargain!!!! ;) You are really a good buddy - thanks again!!
:)

SewLibra said...

I also like the simplicity and style lines of those patterns. I wasn't familiar with Koko Beall designs, pretty sure I've never had any, but it was interesting reading about her via her daughter in the link you provided. Now about that kitty cat...I do believe she owns the place! ;)