Monday, July 1, 2019

Doll Sewing After All These Years....18" Dolls....

Here is Paige in her little Crop Top and her little denim shorts - made from my old jeans which I cut apart for fabric. :)  And yes, those little saddle shoes are so darn cute it makes me smile over and over to see them!  Doll shoes are available online and come in so many cute iterations! 

So, Although I have not yet sewn up the dress I have cut out for my Connie, who is a 22" baby doll I received in 1947, I for some reason noticed dolls and doll clothing - oh yes, it was on PatternReview.com in the Doll Clothes thread - such lovely work people do. SO  -  I bought several patterns and a couple books, and off I went - then I bought one doll then another and now another. Cough. Yes, two are from AMAZON and are in the Kindred Hearts line and one is a My Life As Doll which although a WALMART brand, I purchased at AMAZON as well.   The dolls in the My Life As line are really pretty and well made, and the AMAZON KH dolls are very nice as well.  They are all very nice dolls and the one above is a Lotus Doll, one of the KH dolls, and she is just so pretty - I bought her the glasses, as I did my My Life As girl. :) ALL my dolls must have glasses.  
This is Cassidy (without her glasses) in the Kindred Hearts series, in a dress I made her. Home Sew has lovely little doll embellishments, and that's where her bow came from.  I have several little fat quarters and coordinates that I am planning on making into dolly dresses.  There are so many patterns out there for these dolls that it could be a never ending story of fun!!
This is my other Kindred Hearts Doll and she is the Lotus Doll. She is wearing the Crop Top and the Sarong Skirt from Rosie's Doll Clothing Patterns.  Rosie also has a course of doll sewing with free patterns to use in the classes and these are both featured. I did sign up for the class as it has many many videos of step by step construction of garments, and her voice and presentation are extremely pleasing!

Here is my My Life as a Winter Princess Doll in her little robe and jammie pants made from flannel I had left over from backing a quilt. :)
Cassidy in the crop top and wearing her glasses - which she came with!  I am sure more adventures are coming up!!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

These are so cute! I can see how you got the doll clothes bug. My daughter is expecting a little girl in November. I'm looking forward to making doll clothes for her and all things girly.

catspec said...

:) Thanks Catherine!! It is so much fun really - restful to plan the outfits....some of the sewing is fiddly but I take my time - I am not really good at the fiddly bits yet, but practicing! :)

glorm said...

Careful, this is addictive! Those outfits are so cute and love that the dolls must have glasses.

One Christmas DGD opened a package from us and saw some outfits for the Barbie-sized doll. One was a crocheted poncho and while she was admiring it, her mother saw that there was also a matching poncho for DGD and went bananas! It was fun seeing both of their reactions. The sewn outfits go so much faster, but can't watch TV while making those. LOL. Have fun, or should I say to continue having fun?

catspec said...

glorm!!! I KNOW!! It is addicting! :) Your Barbie things are so sweet and cute! Thanks for the comments!

Let's Get Sewing said...

These outfits look realy great!

catspec said...

Thank you for your nice comment!! Let's Get Sewing! :) Sewing is fun, isn't it! :)