Friday, August 16, 2019

Flutter Sleeve Dress That Became Cap Sleeved...



Yes, this is Kelsey, and she is a Journey Girl. Thus, she is slimmer than an American Girl Doll or my Kindred Hearts or my My Life dolls. This outfit is all too large but she needed a new outfit because she came in huge work boots and a flannel shirt plus a crazy little hat and skirt.  Nope.  So I already had this cut out - it is from HappyBankkyCraftyMommy.   I used two fat quarters which really were not the full measure of fabric that they should have been! That seems more common these days in fat quarters!  Anyway, first I ruined the sleeves by not cutting them properly, and then I realized I didn't have enough fabric to recut them. As well, I hadn't enough to cut the skirt on the fold. So I sewed up the front seam in the skirt and added a rick-rack touch. Then I hemmed what is actually the band of the sleeves and added them (with some gathering) to the garment after already finishing the lined bodice! this should fit my other dolls perfectly. It is large on Kelsey.  She is wearing Sophia's brand little pink glitter shoes. SO cute! Also too large.   I think I will need to learn to make JG shoes because there aren't any on the market as far as I can tell.  She is wearing Brittany's brand pink glasses from AMAZON as well.



2 comments:

glorm said...

Wow, very nice. Look at the big eyes---and freckles. Keep having fun.

catspec said...

Thanks Glorm!!! Yes, she is so pretty! And I am having fun. Not as demanding as Barby clothes I think!