Wednesday, August 28, 2019

New Dress for Vintage Doll...


Connie sits on the quilty I made her several years ago. Her last new outfit was in 1974, so she has been waiting awhile. I have had her since my 3d birthday, and she was restored in 1974 by my mother.  Mainly I want to sew for my 18" dolls, but Connie is a 22" baby doll who can wear newborn baby sized clothing. This dress is from a cute cotton print, and I used Simplicity Doll Pattern 4707, which is a favorite among doll sewing  enthusiasts.


This pattern is a reissue of a vintage doll pattern illustrated on the cover as you can see.    It was fun sewing this. Has a lined bodice, unlined skirt, and I cut the skirt and band as one piece because I didn't care to put a band on it.  Somehow the pattern of little chicks has a few upside down where I didn't pay attention when cutting but it doesn't seem to matter! :) The little sleeves and skirt sewed in well. 

2 comments:

glorm said...

How cute! That poor little doll has waited a long time for some new clothes and probably didn't complain. I have (or had--I should check) that original pattern which my MiL gave to me when she heard I was making doll clothes. Ooops, way too large for Barbie.

catspec said...

:) Thanks glorm!! WAY too large for Barbie! Easier than making Barbie clothes I bet! Barbie must need the most sharp eyes and nimble fingers!! WOW...Barbie is 11" and Connie is 22"! I missed the Barbie era - was already too old I guess. :)