Sunday, May 3, 2020

More Masks Making...


Two more masks made and ready to go to family.  LOVE that print - found it in my cotton quilting stash. I had bought it and never knew what to do with it.


Lady mask and guy mask. Used my stock of bias tape for the ties - have had that stuff a very long time. Good after all, to have a hoard, eh?


Two more - these for a guy.  I am making a few for home with that coffee print as well. These are being mailed out tomorrow.  Still using the Deaconess mask instructions, some variation on the number of tucks. Here is the Deaconess Health whole website of mask documents and instructions.  There are loads of other patterns out there and filter instructions and wires for the nose but I am not doing any of those.   One thing to remember is that one has to breath through the masks and not have them be an irritant. Wash after use and handle carefully in that process.  Stay safe.  Even with the rules of shelter in place being relaxed in some areas, I would err on the side of real caution and take care, wear a mask. These are not medical grade masks but they provide some modicum of safety out in the world.   Just to remind us all that there is normal sewing out there as well, here is a picture of my Belle's Dolly dress in progress on my XR9500PRW, which I have not mentioned lately! Sewed this up exceedingly well. :)

2 comments:

glorm said...

Interestiong fabrics. I see "Starry, starry nights" there, right?

At last: a reason we have a stash of fabrics and notions. :)

catspec said...

Hi glorm! Yes Starry Night!! May as well use fun fabrics, eh? Take care now! :)