Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Two Masks and Planning with Cutting Out...

 
Made a little bag I made into two masks a couple weeks back. Cute lizards! Had been fabric left over from jammies a few years ago. Used a cute fat quarter in checks for the linings.  Used the rectangle mask pattern with the MimiG elastic method - love that hybrid. My family likes that too. 
 
 
Planning to sew these five projects - have cut out 2 of these plus a poncho and two doll outfits. I like a pile of projects cut out - a large pile. Cutting is not my favorite part of sewing, so doing it over a couple of weeks and then sewing at my leisure is my way of countering that. All are just the tees except the New Look with the jacket - that is going to be the kimono jacket in a lovely red with floral Asian fabric I bought from the classifieds on PatternReview.  Four tees are from the fabric I bought from Girl Charlee.  

 
Here are the two dolly outfits and the poncho. Good old REAL KWIK SEW pattern with the nice white paper. Extremely easy poncho pattern. The doll outfits are one for 18" and one for 14".  But I am not sewing at all until I get everything cut out. I have enough pink cotton sweatshirt knit left after cutting the poncho to make a nightgown, so I am going to draft a pattern for that from one I have that I really like - very simple.   Stay tuned and stay safe!



 

 

4 comments:

glorm said...

Ooo, some cute projects in the queue.

My mother used to dislike cutting out and I couldn't understand why as it was so much easier than sewing. Then years later when I got into sewing, I understood.

Catherine said...

looks like you're going to be busy the next few weeks. Look forward to seeing your progress.

catspec said...

Thank you so much! I think it will be a few months worth of sewing or more by the time I finish everything I am cutting out!:)

catspec said...

Glorm!!! Did not get notified of your comment! Yes, you and your Mom were right, eh? :). Thanks for the nice comment. I have even more to cut out before I sew but might just do one project soon that I did not mention yet. Haha.