Monday, June 21, 2021

AcuFeed Feet...First Edition...

So - this is the first - the 6-7mm type Janome-Elna dual feed AcuFeed feet for my Elna eXcellence 720. After this beginning came several other iterations of this sort of foot.  It get complex because then some had one holder and changeable soles. The original had NO interchangeable soles. This is how they come. I have the four available feet for my machine. These are Janome-Elna feet for the Janome 6600 machine and the Elna eXcellence 720. There are newer machines now with different sorts of dual feed from Janome-Elna. When you order feet, be sure to order the feet for your machine. In fact, if you aren't at a local dealer and you order online - call a reputable dealer such as Kens or SewVacDirect and talk. Get the right feet!  On my machine is the Open Toe AcuFeed foot, and these are from L to R, regular ZZ AcuFeed, Stitch-in-the-ditch, and Quarter-Inch AcuFeed feet. 

All in all the AcuFeed is much wider and more cumbersome that the IDT on my Pfaff 1222E of course, but I love it. You get used to it very quickly and I seldom take the open toe foot off at all. If I have to for another attachment I do, but in general, that's the go-to on my machine. :)  I am lucky to have the Pfaff as well and I use it for smaller things where a 5mm width and narrow IDT is a real asset, such as sewing all the elastic together in the masks last year, or some very small doll clothes. :) 

No comments: