Saturday, June 12, 2021

Heritage Doll Clothes - My Preliminary Observations...

 

I purchased Heritage Doll Clothes by Joan Hinds, and I am so glad I did! It arrived a few days ago, and it is a lovely book. If you never sew anything out of it, it will be worth the price as eye candy alone! Printed on quality heavier stock with a nice finish, the illustrations are clear and the color is excellent. The patterns are all on the enclosed CD. I wouldn't try buying this used, as the CD is likely to be missing, as is the case in so many books with additional media. 

 Here are a few of the inside pages...the directions for the garments are excellent, and the line drawings are so well done. I do love line drawings. 

And here is an example of the format of the patterns inside. A lovely picture, the era noted and there is always a history note as well.  I do love this book. Highly recommend it.

Bibliographic Entry at WorldCat - find it at a library near you! And why not another lovely picture!




2 comments:

glorm said...

What a great book to have. It's always nice to have a little history behind an outfit.

catspec said...

Thanks glorm!! Yes, books are so fun to sit and read too. Kind of takes your mind off the rest of the world for awhile! :) This one has cute pictures so well done.