Saturday, March 5, 2022

Fun with the 14" Prairie Girl from Thimbles & Acorns...

 

 

The dress under the little Bolero is Prairie Girl 14". No sleeves. Forgot them! SO - as my Patty was standing there freezing I made a little bolero from A sweet KWIK SEW pattern. KS4362. Quite a recent pattern, and now the KWIK SEW brand is going away. Sigh. Too bad. But Simplicity had moved the doll patterns to KWIK SEW and now I expect to see them all moved to Simplicity?! This amalgamation of the brands is irritating to say the least, but apparently it is economics that is the driver. 


The bolero is made from the scraps of the pink sweatshirt knit poncho I made myself awhile ago. I have SO much left over from both poncho projects. I added the cute little flower. Home Sew is such a good place to buy those embellishments!  

I made the apron from Prairie Girl also, finished it up two days ago. BUT, I want to make a little 14" dress from an Oh Sew Kat pattern for Ursula to wear under the apron. I am trying to finally get her out of her Summer clothing too, and a nice long dress with apron will be a nice look. I will have pictures later. 

2 comments:

glorm said...

Oh, these outfits for the dolls are so cute! It is nice of you to make a bolero for her as she could get chilly, plus a good way to use up scraps.

catspec said...

Oh thanks glorm! 😊 It was fun too. Sort of destressing!