Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Kai Curved Scissors and Gingher Curved Scissors Compared...

I love my new little Kai 5100c curved blade scissors.  The Janome pink scissors are also my favorite. I wanted another tiny scissor to have one each beside my main machines. My Brother SE400 came with a very nice medium blue handled little snip scissor that is not curved, and that lives in my Brother machines basket.  SO - the comparison. You can see in the picture that the Kai is small and more delicate. It can more easily get in under the thread ends I want to trim, and although the Gingher is a wonderful scissor as well, I prefer the Kai.  I like to snip the ravels off the edges of a seam before finishing the edges, and the Kai is very fast and efficient at that task.  If I were to embroider, I could easily snip jump stitches. 

I did have the Gingher curved blade scissors of this size as well, but they are a bit thicker and less delicate than the Kai and I eventually gave them to my daughter.  Do be careful though - these Kai blades are extremely sharp - take good care of them, and don't drop them on your floor where they are liable to end up stuck straight up out of the flooring.



2 comments:

glorm said...

Thanks for the info on the scissors. There are times when small ones work the best.

catspec said...

Thanks glorm!! Yes, teenie scissors that are very sharp are a treasure! :)