Sunday, February 12, 2023

Sewing Machine Magic ... Bought the Book...

 

Bought this book because it looked interesting, and because it has a lot of sewing machine feet illustrations of different sorts for different machines. There is a nice rundown of the kinds of shanks, the feet that fit, and how to use the feet she mentions.  Although I am venerable in this field and have lots of feet for lots of machines, past an present, the information will be valuable to so many both beginners and advanced sewers.  As I get into more of the book I will write more here.  

I was surprised to see that she includes projects. In general I don't buy project books much unless I specifically want to make one of the items illustrated. SO - I had not noticed any mention of included projects, although there well may have been a mention. However, these projects directly relate to the use of the feet she includes. For example, there are free hand monogrammed pillows, a little quilt including binding instructions , and an old art - how to hemstitch napkins! There is a clever kimono pattern, and a cross body zippered bag included. All in all this book was a great buy and I might even try a project or two.

2 comments:

glorm said...

Sounds like quite an interesting and helpful book. :)

catspec said...

Hey!! Thanks glorm! Appreciate the comment... It's a fun book....:)