Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lutterloh Blouse

Daughter has picked this NOT beginner pattern for her first shirt project, and we have a lovely print silk crepe for it. THINK BIG! Well, so far so good, layout and cutting went well, although I must say Sandra Betzina's fabric book wasn't much help because she doesn't describe the FEEL of various silks she lists, so we weren't sure about our silk crepe. On to sewing - darts went well, as did the shoulder seams. As with any Lutterloh, no instructions, so I had to figure out the facing for the front opening, that's done. Now I am working on the collar. Here is the lucky break. This very pattern is the one used in the Collar Class I am taking from Lutterloh NZ for the standing collar. This is a great help. I am in the midst of making the collar. Kate sewed the other things, and I am doing the collar. This is a good opportunity for her to learn garment construction sequence. I particularly love the sleeve style - there are two tucks in the top of each sleeve and they are so pretty when done - I did them in the muslin. There will be follow up on this project!

No comments: