Sunday, April 20, 2008

Purse modifying and other thoughts...

Not satisfied with the quilted bag in the last post, I have been making more pockets and installing them, as well as a redo on the strap and some squared bottom corners. All in all I am much happier now. It will be hard for me to pay money to buy a bag now that I have discovered how creative you can be making them yourself. I'm not sure you have to buy patterns for a lot of really nice bags. On the tote or hobo principle you should be able to make many different looks. I will spend some time doing this over the next month or so.

Meanwhile, Pointy Kitty and hemming and that sort of thing have taken up some sewing time, but it's both neccessary and rewarding to do. I finally located great buttons for the eyes on Pointy Kitty. They are buttons that look like eyes! Surprise! Clear with black centers. I can't wait to get that done and get pictures of Pointy up here!

No comments: