Monday, October 14, 2013

Lutterloh Skirt Finished for Transitional Seasons...

I finally finished the skirt about a month ago! The tropical fabric is really nice in a skirt. I made this one a bit more full, so it drapes very nicely as well. This is my TNT skirt pattern Lutterloh Supp.257, #14, 2005. I have talked about this pattern a few times in these pages. This fabric was a really nice print from Gorgeous Fabrics. Cotton in an easy care bottom weight with the least little bit of stretch. I have had it several years waiting for use. I was going to make a shirt of it, but a skirt seems a better choice. This required a few purchases of tops to go with it, as my color holdings didn't really do the trick. Land's End as usual. This ends my garment sewing for this year, as far as I can tell so far. I really don't need any more clothing at this point, and quilting calls. I am done with the strip quilt top, and now on to the batting, backing and quilting. 

5 comments:

glorm said...

Like your skirt.

No more garment sewing for the rest of the year? Maybe I should take over.

catspec said...

:) Well, I could try my hand at some palazzo pants...I have the right fabric - all I have left of my garment stash is two pieces of light weight printed rayon drapy stuff...:) They would just be for home....

becki-c said...

Lovely, love the drape and the length. You can't go wrong with Lands End, they really do have quality stuff.
Happy quilting! I can't imagine reaching the clothing point of satisfaction...

catspec said...

becki-s,I have enough - I really do - I wear Land's End tops and my fav pants and my skirts to work - I need not have two wardrobes here at all, and I am running out of space in my rather tiny closet. :) I am sure I WILL sew a garment again...probably sooner than I think! :)

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I love those colors! You can wear that with anything all year. Lovely skirt.