Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Another Lutterloh Skirt...

Another Lutterloh Skirt! I actually made two of them from two lovely pieces of poly-rayon from the going-out-of-business sale back several years ago locally. Lovely fabric and I wanted to use it up finally. The other is a print as well, only lighter tan as a background and different print. This is all about using up my garment fabric! I have one 4 yard piece of Amy Butler fabric left. That is earmarked for a bag sometime when I need a bag. At present I need no bag of any size. Vera makes them so much nicer than I can!  But one of these days I will want to make one. These skirts are omni-seasonal, and that is handy.  The serger is the most valuable addition to any garment sewers repertoire. I was thankful to own one for this type of sewing - the hems are just serged and then sewn with a narrow hem on the machine.

There is more to say about quilting plans, but that doesn't belong in this particular segment!

2 comments:

BeaJay said...

That is a lovely skirt. The fabric looks nice and soft.

catspec said...

Thanks BeaJay! Yes, it's a nice rayon that is a bit more stable than some, yet still sort of silky and flowy. :) Easy easy skirt too. Sew-stitch-flip elastic waist. ;)