Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Vintage Pattern Dress and Tenor Uke Case#2...

Finished the tenor ukulele case for my son. Turned out well! LOVE the fabric he chose and that hot orange zipper adds pizzazz for sure!  Meanwhile I did finish the brown Simplicity Dress from Simplicity 1284.   The pictures aren't that great but I will add one here.  The reunion was swell! Very much fun and saw old friends. The dress was well worth making and it was very comfy. finished it was not apparent that it is a vintage style - it is timeless and I may sew it again! This little picture is the best even though I took several in the motel I was sure would be good. At any rate - this pattern is a winner! It would also make good sleepwear, and a tunic as well. A nice top pattern I think. Unfortunately the pictures do not show the nice seaming on the bodice-sleeve but it turned out very nicely.  I add a picture of the seaming because that *IS* the style feature.  Now that those two projects are done, I can move back to the Shirt Quilt. I purchased red flannel fabric from Missouri Star for the backing. I do love a flannel backing on a quilt. So now with the wool batting and the flannel backing, when this comes to fruition it should be a nice warm quilt. :)  The It's Always Autumn raglan tee is up next and then I have planned a 60" table runner for my coffee table out of some remnants of the lighter prettier fabrics I have mostly in several pastel type of shades or maybe a bit deeper, anyway lighter!  And then, maybe one of these years I will get to another Asian quilt! I do have a large bin of Asian print fabrics for Asian quilts and really love those fabrics!  Right now I think another scrappy quilt is in the works back in the brain as well. It's such a dark, murky, cobweb-filled area back in the planning-what-to-sew-next stacks of my brain....:)

No comments: