Saturday, October 28, 2017

What's Under the Gidget I and Gidget II Tables and Holding up My Machines....

I was asked that questions because it would seem people think the little chain and screw assembly is the only thing holding up machines in the drop down table on the Gidget I and II. Not so. This is a photo essay on the subject....note the metal tubing underneath....

First pictures are the heavier Gidget II...




Then the rest are the Gidget I. You may notice I don't adjust the chains....I just don't use them. I use the tables for a couple different machines, so adjusting the chains for each is a pain - I sit them on various books and boards and sometimes a Janome Muffling Mat as well.  :)




2 comments:

mbkaren said...

I have a Janome 9400, which is situated in the Janome Universal table with the custom insert. I’m looking at the Gidget 2 as a portable option to take with me when I travel. My machine came with a huge extension table. I notice that you are using an extension table in some photos. Do you find that there is any unwanted movement when doing free motion or ruler work?

catspec said...

I use my extension tables in my Gidgets instead of inserts, yes. Sometimes my extension table on my big Elna moves a bit but I just push it back... So far no problem! I don't do ruler work. But sometimes I do FM and use my AcuFeed for walking foot quilting. Hope that helps!