Friday, September 14, 2018

Machine Quilting...Easy Quilt Projects...Quilt Top Sewn...

Was lucky to find these used on Thriftbooks a couple of weeks ago.  Both of these books have some nice tips and good design inspiration in them.  Even though purchased used, the Easy Quilts from Better Homes and Gardens still had the patterns in it! It is former library and the library had attached a nice holder for the pattern sheet to the inner back cover - great library practice that I have done myself a good bit. Some really nice inspiring reading here! The Machine Quilting is really a very thin book - a "how to" and full of good ideas as well - well worth the very small price I paid for these.  I usually buy craft books used and if I decide I can use them I keep them and if not I move them on by donating them or giving them to friends. Used is so much better! Books should circulate!!   Meanwhile I did sew up my newest quilt top.  Here is a little teaser for it. :)  Needs pressing and pinning - later.

2 comments:

glorm said...

Oh, wow, you've been busy.

I like to buy crafts books at thrift store prices also if I can. The main reason is that chances are that I will not make something from it and it will be a look-through book. If it's one that I know I will use, then full price is acceptable.

catspec said...

Yes, indeedy! Thanks to the used book market we can have a lot more fun!! :)