Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Belle in Her Flutter Sleeve Dress...and the Group Increases...


Yes, the group has increased. My very nice birthday present was Brinley from the Kindred Hearts dolls on Amazon, and her sister Brinley (the second), from the same collection but new to the collection on Amazon as of late in 2019. So I made Brinley 2 a very cute little dress. I sidetracked myself into making this sweet little dress. It is the Flutter Sleeve dress from HappyBankky.  So cute. All lined bodice which is really the easiest way to make a doll bodice. Facing on a doll pattern are too fiddly and tiny and bias tape too unwieldy as a finishing for armholes and necklines. Lined always looks so finished!!  Sandwiching the sleeve seam into the lining also looks really nice. 


The fabric is leftovers from cotton bought at either joann's or Hancock's Fabrics awhile back to make casual jammie pants for a family member. Nice cottons really make cute doll clothes!


This is Belle (the former Brinley 2) wearing her new dress. She was the second doll in the Kindred hearts series to get the name Brinley for some reason - what were they thinking? So I renamed her Belle.  She loves her new cute little dress. ;) 
making the dresses for dolls required the sam attention to pressing that people sewing does!! I love my pressing board and my little Sunbeam Travel Iron for that purpose. 






3 comments:

Ann said...

Cute dress and it fits her perfectly. Love the pattern and color. Perfect. As are the glasses. Can't wait to see what you will make next.

glorm said...

Love these. The dolls seem to get along with each other. (Did I really just say that?). You learn little tricks as you make more and more garments for the dolls.

catspec said...

Thank you so much Ann and glorm!! It's just so much fun, and yes, glorm - the dolls seem to like each other! HAHAHAHAA....oh my goodness.....