Thursday, February 27, 2020

Doll Family Complete....and Tropical Dress...


Jada has completed my doll family! I got her two days ago and finished up her new red dress yesterday. Her tropical look offsets the snow outside!  Her little pretty glasses finish off her look!  She is the last doll - at least for some time to come, as this completes the dolls I wanted to have. :) She is an Adora Doll from AMAZON.  Her pictures don't do her justice, but that seems true of so many things, dolls included! The dress is from Summer 2017 Too Cute Doll Magazine. I changed the front hemline to have curves and also lined this which was a real task when it came to the flounce on the top. Must be an easier way to do that than the instructions for the pattern. 



Ironing station because I luckily have two mats due to fixing one and also getting a replacement. These are pressing boards and are wonderful! Actually hard boards with batting and all cotton covers. Plus I bought a silicon iron mat which is really a nice accessory. So I set this up as a pressing station when I make doll clothes now. 


Wanted to picture my faithful Pfaff sewing the dolly dress. Winter outside....tropical dress inside!!


No comments: