Thursday, June 11, 2020

Kitty Quilts with an Asian Flair...


This project is one of two so far begun, and this one is finished. These are kitty quilts made from scraps and remnants of the Asian fabrics from my previous quilts. Some are from smaller pieces of fabric I have had and not used. These smaller projects like kitty quilts and doll clothes are fun to do and faster than large projects. Also, a LOT more fun than sewing garments. In this case, I used the deco stitches of my new machine to quilt down the seams.  I really love the serpentine stitch and am tempted always to default to its use for this kind of sewing, but I had to vary it a bit. :)  This will upgrade the look of my kitty "spreads" around here from odd pieces of fabric and so on to something a bit more stylist!


There are a few stitches here as well as some variations on the serpentine stitch. Since the serpentine stitch is a utility stitch, it can be varied quite a bit. Some of the deco stitches cannot be changed in width or length.

 
The next kitty quilt will be free motioned on the Brother Pacesetter PS500 and we'll see how that works out! :) I was lucky here to use some binding I had leftover from a previous quilt as well.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the deco stitches! I bet you are having fun with the new machine!

SewLibra said...

These kitty quilts you've been making are gorgeous and so colorful! You really do a wonderful job on your quilting and what great scrap busting projects these are too. Your kitties should be very appreciative....but they are cats so probably not. Hahaha!

catspec said...

Hey Thanks SewLibra!! :) Well, the cats sleep on them, so I guess that means they are appreciative?! HAHAHAHAH.....