Friday, June 5, 2020

More Mimi G and Seahawks


Hoping this is the last mask batch for a good long while. Total I have made is now 45 and although some people have made lots more - this seems to have taken a very long time. Need some fun sewing now. I wanted to make several Seahawks masks to send to Washington to family. :) I ordered the fabric from eQuilter. Always fast and reliable! 


I tossed in a few Tootsie Roll masks too - I have had that fabric for years since making the Pointy Kitties from it! :) 

On to sewing fun with some kitty beds from Asian fabric scraps and leftovers from quilts! Backed with flannel and batted!

AND - the Brother XR9500PRW soldiered through these masks for me! Love my Brother machines. :)

4 comments:

LindaC said...

Fun masks! I made over 70 myself. Using up woven cottons I had around. Supplied my children who are both essential workers and their co-workers with masks. Figured if the co-workers were safer, my children were safer. Also, myself & husband and some siblings. Gotta keep the family safe. We wear ours anytime we find it necessary to go into public. Makes me sad that some people have decided the pandemic is over. It's not over in Arizona. Stay safe.

catspec said...

Linda, thanks for the comment! Yes, mask making was for my family. A couple of family work where they have masks and other protective gear and they too are essential workers. Pandemic is not over, and I am glad you are staying as safe as possible. :)

SarahStella said...

Hi, first of all I love your work. Looked at a few things you made and they're amazing. I actually just picked up my first sewing machine from a thrift store. I saw you had the same one you gave to a friend. Its an old New House, do you know much about this machine? Can't find a model number and no manual. Thank youuuuu!!

catspec said...

SarahStella, the New Home with the beige and the colored stitch panel on the top? That is a late 80s machine I think, and the model number is 844. New Home 844 built by Janome. When I got it it had no manual but I was able to get a photocopy of a rather generic manual for it from Janome. It might be available now as a PDF somewhere. If you Google New Home 844 you get some images that will help with the machine. :)